Watch. Practice. Learn almost anything for free. With a library of over 3,000 videos covering everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and 306 practice exercises, we're on a mission to help you learn what you want, when you want, at your own pace.
To read a Wired article on "How Khan Academy is Changing the Rules of Education" click here.
ALEKS for K-12
ALEKS (Assessment and LEarning in Knowledge Spaces) is a Research-Based Online Math Program:
- Artificial Intelligence Targets Gaps in Individual Student Knowledge
- Assessment and Learning with Standards-Based Content for Grades 3-12
- Comprehensive and Customizable Curriculum That Aligns with Course Syllabi or Textbooks
- Monitor Student, Class, School, and District Progress Toward State Standards
- Fully Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Unlimited Online Access - PC and Mac Compatible
ALEKS QuickTables is a research-based math fact mastery program for multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction for grades 3 and up. Click here to learn more.
Virtual math manipulatives in English, French, and Spanish
The National Library of Virtual Manipulatives at Utah State University has interactive web-based manipulatives and concept tutorials for mathematics. Click here to learn more.
Apangea Math (Grades 3 -Algebra I)Apangea Math provides one-student-to-one-teacher differentiated math instruction through a unique integration of proprietary tutoring technology and live, online certified teachers. As a web-based solution, Apangea Math can be accessed from any computer with an internet connection – ensuring students can learn math anytime, anywhere. Click here to learn more.
STEM Resources – In a Education Update feature, Willona Sloan recommends websites that support science, technology, engineering, and math education:
• American Association for the Advancement of Science: http://sciencenetlinks.com
• Discovery Education: http://www.discoveryeducation.com/teachers
• Federal Resources for Educational Excellence: http://free.ed.gov
• HippoCampus: http://www.hippocampus.org
• Intel’s Design and Discovery Curriculum: http://educate.intel.com/en/designdiscovery
• nanoHUB.org: http://nanohub.org
• PBS Teachers STEM Resource Center: http://www.pbs.org/teachers/stem
• NASA’s Planet Quest Exoplanet Exploration: http://planetquest.jpl.nasa.gov
“Teaching and Learning Resources for STEM Education” by Willona Sloan in Education Update, February 2012 (Vol. 54, #2, p. 2-3)